Your new skills
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of GIS
- Raster, vector, projections, geoprocessing and analysis
- Use a GIS for basic skills in:
- Thematic mapping
- Importing tabular data and GIS interpolation
- Basic vectordata analysis
- Finding and using Open Access data
- Styling and Map Design
This online course is distributed via Moodle, This is a worldwide highly flexible Learning Management System that can be used to conduct and access online courses. Within this course, you will learn through video screencasts, practical exercises and social interaction with other students and the teaching staff.
The online learning platform can be accessed 24 hours a day, in which you will be able to ask for help at any given moment.
The course is structured in different units, making it easy to search for practical exercises that need to be completed. During the exercises, questions are asked to test your knowledge. At the end of the course a final assignment will be given which will be checked by the teaching staff.